Data protection declaration
The protection of personal data collected, processed and used during your visit to our homepage is an important concern for us. We treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the legal data protection regulations, as well as this data protection declaration.
2 Information concerning the collection of personal data
(1) Below, we wish to inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can relate to you personally, for example name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The controller in accordance with Article 4 Paragraph 7 GDPR is:
Maag Germany GmbH
Telephone: +49 6026 5030
(3) Name and address of the data protection officer
The data protection officer of the controller is:
Dipl–Ing. Jörg Hagen
3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not log in, register or otherwise provide us with information for the use of the website, we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f) GDPR):
- IP address (anonymized)
- Date and time of access
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Respective data quantity transferred
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
The logged data is not merged with other data sources, in particular data that allows an assignment to a specific person.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard disk in accordance with the browser you are using and by means of which certain information is transferred to the site that sets the cookie (in this case, by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses on to your computer. The purpose of the cookies is to make the Internet service more user-friendly and effective as a whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
- Temporary cookies (see b)
- Permanent cookies (see c)
b) Temporary cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include the session cookies in particular. These save a so-called session ID, by means of which various different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. However, we wish to point out that if you do so, you might not be able to utilize all of the functions of this website.
e) In general, the cookies requiring consent are only set after your agreement within the cookie notice. With the following buttons, you can also change your selection at any time.
(4) When you get in touch with us by e-mail or via our contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be saved by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising during this process once the saving is no longer required or we restrict the processing, should statutory retention obligations apply.
(5) If we engage contracted service providers for individual functions of our service or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In this context, we also mention the defined criteria of the saving duration.
The legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter b) GDPR (fulfillment of a contract) or Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter a) GDPR (consent).
Without your consent, we only use personal data to the legally permitted extent, i.e. for customer relations management and for the sending of advertising by post. We will not use your e-mail address, fax or telephone number for advertising without your express consent. The legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f) GDPR (protection of legitimate interests).
You can object to the processing of your data for the purpose of direct advertising at any time and you will then no longer receive any advertising from us.
4 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to the personal data concerning you:
- Right of information
- Right of rectification or erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right of data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
5 Further functions and services of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we provide various services which you can use if these are of interest. For this purpose, you will generally have to provide other personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, conclude contracts or provide similar services together with partners. You will receive more detailed information in this respect when you enter your personal data or in the description of the service below.
(4) Should our service providers or partners have their registered office in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this position in the description of the service.
5.1 Web Analytics
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, text files which are saved on your computer and which enable an analysis of the use of this website by you. The information generated by the cookie concerning your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. However, in case of the activation of IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be shortened first by Google within Member States of the European Union or in other Member States of the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website in order to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports relating to the website activities and to provide additional services to the website operator concerning the use of the website and the use of the Internet.
(2) The IP address which is transferred by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data by Google.
(3) This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp()” extension. This means that IP addresses are further processed in shortened form, which therefore excludes traceability of individual persons. Should data collected in relation to you contain a personal reference, this is immediately excluded and the personal data is then deleted immediately.
(4) We use Google Analytics with your express consent within the cookie notice in order to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics which are obtained, we can improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. In the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has undertaken to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter a) GDPR. An order processing agreement has been concluded with Google.
(5) Information provided by the third party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. Terms and conditions of use: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
(6) You can prevent the saving of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we wish to point out that in such a case, you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie which relates to your use of the website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin which is available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
5.2 Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online service. These are saved at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website.
(2) The videos on our website are integrated in the extended data protection mode of YouTube. This is provided by YouTube itself and therefore ensures that YouTube does not initially save any cookies on your device. When you access the relevant pages, the IP address and the above-mentioned data are however transferred and therefore notified in particular which of our Internet sites you have visited. However, this information cannot be assigned to you unless you have signed in or are permanently signed in to YouTube or another Google service (for example Google+) prior to viewing the page. By clicking the play button, you are issuing your consent to YouTube placing cookies on the device used by you. These cookies do not contain any personally identifiable data (so-called session cookies), unless you are currently logged on to a Google service. These cookies can be prevented by means of the relevant browser settings and extensions.
(3) Further information concerning the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by YouTube is available in the data protection declaration. Here, you can also obtain further information concerning your rights and settings options to protect your private sphere: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has undertaken to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
5.3 Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website, we use the service of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently.
(2) By visiting the website, Google is notified that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data referred to in Number 3 of this declaration will be transferred. This takes place regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information is directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish to for the assignment to your Google profile to take place, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as use profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or designing its website in accordance with user requirements. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) in order to provide advertising which is tailored to requirements and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles and you must contact Google to claim this right.
(3) Further information concerning the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be obtained in the data protection declaration of the provider. Here, you can also find further information concerning your rights in this respect and the setting options to protect your private sphere: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has undertaken to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Our website uses the web analysis service of Kyto GmbH, Bundesallee 23, 10717 Berlin, Germany. This may involve the collection, processing and storage of data, which is used to create usage profiles based on a pseudonym. These usage profiles are completely anonymized whenever technically possible. The collected data may also include personal data and will either be transmitted to Kyto or collected directly by Kyto. No personal identification of visitors to this website takes place, and no other personal data is merged with the usage profiles. If your IP address is collected, it is compared with public IP databases and analyzed accordingly. This enables Kyto to identify your company (legal entity), if applicable. Your IP address will be anonymized immediately after matching by deleting the last block of numbers. Kyto may use information obtained from visits to our website to create anonymized usage profiles. Collected company visitors to the website are enriched with concrete, non-personal company data. This includes company name and address, industry and company size.
6 Objection to or revocation of your consent concerning the processing of your data
(1) Should you have issued your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation affects the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data once you have issued this to us.
(2) Should we base the processing of your personal data on the consideration of interests, you may raise an objection against the processing. This is the case in particular if the processing is not necessary in order to fulfill a contract with you, which is shown by us in the following description of the functions. In the event of the exercising of such a right of objection, we will ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the facts of the case and will either suspend or adjust the data processing or inform you of our mandatory protectable reasons for the continuation of the processing.
(3) It goes without saying that you can object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your objection to advertising by using the following contact details: [all contact details].
7 External links
For your optimal information, you will find links on our site that refer to third party sites. Should this not be obviously recognizable, we wish to point out that this is an external link. The website operator has no influence over the content and design of these sites of other providers and we therefore refer to their data protection declarations. Therefore, the guarantees of this data protection declaration do not apply there.
As of: 02.04.2020