Heat exchanger for the polymer industry
MAAG specializes in the design and application of blendrex® heat exchangers used to preheat polystyrene melt prior to devolatilization and to cool polyester prior to spinning or pelletizing by polymer processing. blendrex® heat exchangers are problem solvers for many types of difficult heating and cooling polymer applications.
- Significantly improve heat transfer rates of polymers and other viscous products. Three to seven times the rate obtainable compared to an “open tube” (no blendrex® elements) design
- Provide a shorter product residence time inside the unit
- blendrex® tube is a “plug flow” device
- Tubes eliminate localized “hot spots”, and provides uniform temperature profile across the tube section
- Contain alternating helical twist elements to obtain the high performance capabilities