Back flush filtration with continuous screen cleaning
The cutting edge ultra-compact high performance filter from MAAG comes along with large static conical screen area, through which the melt flows from the inside to the outside. An axial aligned moving flushing piston is permanently cleaning sections of contaminated screen area. The contaminated share of material is directly guided outward. Beneficially feature of this new design: The convex room is completely dead space free and fl ow optimized which doesn’t allow any stagnation of material – outcome of this is low residence time. Already purified melt neither get harmed by any moving or blocking parts nor do rotating parts have impact on melt quality. On the basis of continuous and high effective backflush of the whole screen area the pressure deviation in the system remains steady over a very long time.
- 100% permanent availabilty of filtration surface in the process – also during backflush mode
- Pressure-, process- and volume constant
- Large filter surface in a compact design
- Continuous segmential effective backflush
- No filter cake build-up on the filter screen
- Sectional backflushes remove contaminated material comparatively gently – therefore no influence on the quality of the cleaned melt such as burns or degradation of the material.
- Completely closed system with no contact of melt to the atmosphere