Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA)
Gala Underwater Pelletizing Systems for HMA production are designed to be cost-effective at pellet rates up to 4,550 kg/h (10031 lb/hr). The typical Gala HMA production system includes a vessel, booster pump, melt pump, screen changer, melt cooler/hot oil system, polymer diverter valve with side discharge, water box by-pass system, underwater pelletizer, tempered water system, centrifugal dryer, and process control system for hot melt extrusion.
- Higher yield with Gala Form™ pellets
- Less floor space
- One-button start and stop of the system
- Low noise level, typically <80 dB(A)
- Pelletizing of HMA with viscosity from 5,000 cps (or greater) without a melt cooler
- Greater return on investment
- Low energy costs, cost-efficient water preparation
For these applications, pelletizing systems are available for installation downstream of extruders
but also for use with mixers and kneaders with melt delivery pumps.