Hot Melt Adhesives (HMA)
Gala Underwater Pelletizing Systems for HMA production are designed to be cost-effective at pellet rates up to 4,550 kg/h (10,031 lb/hr). The typical Gala HMA production System, downstream of the customer’s vessel or extruder, includes an optional booster pump, melt pump, screen changer, melt cooler/hot oil system, polymer diverter valve with side discharge, water box by-pass system, underwater pelletizer, tempered water system, centrifugal dryer, and process control system for hot melt extrusion.
- Over 30 years in the HMA industry
- Process engineering group dedicated to HMA
- Applications experience
- SPEED TO MARKET
- Ability to evaluate new products for scale up in our HMA vessel or twin screw extrusion lab
- Provide quicker response for customer to market
- One system can pelletize customer’s complete portfolio of products
- Integrated system to simplify start-up and support
- Designed for operator safety — low noise, no exposure to molten material during pelletizing, electrical safety interlocks
For these applications, pelletizing systems are available for installation downstream of extruders but also for use with mixers and kneaders with melt delivery pumps.